BPi Android 4.2 Build Guide

72 19803
ChrisP  
Edited by ChrisP at Tue Nov 25, 2014 22:31

Well, with FTTLa it's not really problematic to restart from scratch, it's allready done (twice, I messed up the folder ...).

What I don't get yet is how to revert/merge modification. But I just need to take some times to get this, too busy right now, doing multiple stuff.

Regarding your build script, could it be possible to use a "lunch sugar_bpi-user instead of sugar_bpi-eng to have a optimized image ? I find that user experience is not so good with the image generated by the SDK, it's a bit slow to respond to user actions for now.

Anyway, it's building fine now (Will see the result in approx one hour)

ChrisP  
Edited by ChrisP at Tue Nov 25, 2014 22:39

Still an issue with the script on android build:

Header: out/target/product/sugar-bpi/obj/include/libwpa_client/wpa_ctrl.h
host C: acp <= build/tools/acp/acp.c
prebuilts/tools/gcc-sdk/gcc: line 40: prebuilts/tools/gcc-sdk/../../gcc/linux-x86/host/i686-linux-glibc2.7-4.6/bin/i686-linux-gcc: No such file or directory
make: *** [out/host/linux-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/acp_intermediates/acp.o] Error 127

I use the same vagrant generated VM as your initial toolkit, so ubunutu 12.04.5 LTS.

mattrix  
ChrisP replied at Tue Nov 25, 2014 15:19
Well, with FTTLa it's not really problematic to restart from scratch, it's allready done (twice, I m ...

Have now changed the master build.sh to use lunch sugar_bpi-user

Updated the git readme a bit as well.

Also added a 2x more scripts

./config.sh  #configures the kernel
./update.sh #updates the git repo

mattrix  
Edited by mattrix at Tue Nov 25, 2014 15:48
ChrisP replied at Tue Nov 25, 2014 15:38
Still an issue with the script on android build:

What stage of the build process is this in?
Is that after the kernel build?

I also assume you have done a successfully build using the code and exact commands in the first post?
This is what I'm using for everything basically.

ChrisP  
Edited by ChrisP at Tue Nov 25, 2014 22:55

yes, almost beginning of android build. Then the script continue to the pack command, which fail (no surprise here), that hide a bit the initial error.

And by the way "git pull" in update.sh does not work, I only succed it by using the full path

apparently the build process wants the gcc folder in prebuilts. Did you clean this ?

mattrix  
Edited by mattrix at Tue Nov 25, 2014 15:55
ChrisP replied at Tue Nov 25, 2014 15:46
yes, almost beginning of android build. Then the script continue to the pack command, which fail (no ...

I also assume you have done a successfully build using the code and exact commands in the first post?
This is what I'm using for everything basically.

Oh, I will fix the update script.

I am downloading the source file from the first post again.
I will then copy it into my GIT repo and add in any missing files.

OoO, think I found it.

Please Hold
*Plays music *

ChrisP  
Edited by ChrisP at Tue Nov 25, 2014 23:29

By the way too, finding a way to use make -jN in build.sh should be faster ;)

using something like 'grep -c ^processor /proc/cpuinfo' , or just the result of nproc for example

or just : make -j`nproc`

(Just done the first fork with pull request of all my life, not 100% sure it was the best way to propose modification  ^^)

mattrix  
Pretty sure the kernel is already setup to do -jN

In android/lichee/linux-3.4/scripts/build_sun7i_android.sh

cpu_cores=`cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep "processor" | wc -l`
if [ ${cpu_cores} -le 8 ] ; then
    jobs=${cpu_cores}
else
    jobs=`expr ${cpu_cores} / 2`
fi

But, we could add the same for the make command for the rest of the android image?

mattrix  
Do a git pull and try to build now please

ChrisP  
Edited by ChrisP at Tue Nov 25, 2014 23:51

Yes I was talking of the android 'make'.

Now the pull request is done, I think it should be available. Good exercise in real life ^^

But I do not see how to use the modification I pushed to my partial repo (https://github.com/BananaPi-EndUsers/android-lichee-device-sugar-bpi/blob/master/android/device/softwinner/sugar-bpi/overlay/frameworks/base/packages/SettingsProvider/res/values/defaults.xml ) as a pull request ...

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules