XMBC

Any XBMC image available that works 100% ?

8 5547
I tried the Lemedia v1.1 XBMC image which is provided at the LeMaker's download page, but was disappointed because I had even more problems than with 1.0.
Means: if it plays media at all, it's very laggy. I succeeded to play a few mp4 files, but failed with other mp4 files. In addition, there is no audio and the TV remote control does not work, even when activated in the settings.

So, if there is any working image out there, would you please provide a download link?
+1.

I'm a bit disappointed.

The XBMC can not work full functions as the allwinner has not provided the whole HW acceleration. We do provide the LeMedia is for some users for trying and playing. And we have also mentioned in the thread (http://forum.lemaker.org/thread- ... v1_1_realeased.html), the problems that still has.

We need more and more people can take part in the XBMC developing.

minz0r  
You dont need more ppl, you need to give information about the gpu to the devs.
But the XBMC Comunity already gave up on A20 Soc because they know that there will be
no information from this chinese People.

You have some months left than Intel and AMD will take over this kind of Hardware and you will
be out of business, better to react quick and speedup OSS Community Relationship.

alient  
Its not only amd and intel
see hardkernel case - odroid c1 using same gpu (mali450) and kodi is working perfectly.
even rockchip give much more support.

All of that is just a bad will from allwinner - they have all we need to make this but they refuse to cooperate.
They think of open-source as a "get all you can and give nothing back"

I have given up after days of trying different operating images and compiling Kodi from scratch.  I have shelved the banana pro, and ordering Raspberry Pi 2 today.  I have kodi running on Hp Chrombox without problem on Lubuntu image. I am staying away from chinese electronics parts for now.

We are now porting the Kodi into the LeMaker Guitar, and till now all works perfectly. So for the multi-media application, I suggest LeMaker Guitar not Banana Pro. Banana Pro is more suitable for network.

vba  
tony_zhang replied at Mon Jul 13, 2015 05:25
We are now porting the Kodi into the LeMaker Guitar, and till now all works perfectly. So for the mu ...

Please focus on your users and customers who had bought your first products(Bpi & Bpi pro) instead of trying to sell your new products. Get the old ones to work as your customers wishes.....

Edited by tony_zhang at Sat Jul 25, 2015 22:27
vba replied at Sat Jul 25, 2015 04:16
Please focus on your users and customers who had bought your first products(Bpi & Bpi pro) instead ...

I think you can search the history of A20 support on XBMC(Kodi).
We tried our best to make LeMedia (XBMC based) to work on Banana Pro/Pi, but it is really not a full functions under Linux on A20.
If we hope to get good perfomace XBMC on A20, the Android version maybe the best choice.
For example, this Andoird image: http://www.lemaker.org/thread-9261-1-2.html

We do support Banana Pro/Pi for the all the future time, but we should also see each produts advantage and drawback. So if someone hope to use Banana Pro as server and network project, I do suggest Banana Pro. But if some one hope to get good perfomance on mutilmedia, I do suggest LeMaker Guitar and Raspberyy Pi.

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

Points Rules